CUSTOMER AND CRYSTEEL MANUFACTURING, INC. (THE “SELLER”), AGREE THAT SALES OF SELLER’S PRODUCTS (THE “PRODUCTS”) ARE MADE ONLY UNDER THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, AND THAT SELLER SHALL NOT BE BOUND BY CUSTOMER’S ADDITIONAL OR DIFFERENT TERMS. ACCEPTANCE OF CUSTOMER’S ORDER IS CONDITIONED ON CUSTOMER’S ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS. CUSTOMER SHALL INDICATE ITS AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS BY WRITTEN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT, BY IMPLICATION, OR BY ACCEPTANCE OF DELIVERY OF THE PRODUCTS.
NOTICE TO SELLER’S DEALERS AND DISTRIBUTORS:
IF THE CUSTOMER IS A DEALER OR DISTRIBUTOR OF SELLER’S PRODUCTS AND IS A PARTY TO A DEALER OR DISTRIBUTOR AGREEMENT THAT INCLUDES TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE THAT WOULD NORMALLY APPLY TO THE TRANSACTION UNDER WHICH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WERE ISSUED, THEN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHALL NOT MODIFY, SUPERSEDE OR OTHERWISE AFFECT SUCH DEALER OR DISTRIBUTOR AGREEMENT AND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE INCLUDED WITHIN SUCH DEALER OR DISTRIBUTORSHIP AGREEMENT SHALL CONTROL.
1. Title and Risk of Loss.
A. If the Products are subject to state vehicle title laws, title and risk of loss or damage will pass to Customer on the first of the following to occur: (i) delivery of the Products to Customer; (ii) delivery of the Products to Customer’s authorized agent; or (iii) delivery of the Products to any common carrier for shipment. The manufacturer’s statement of origin (“MSO”) shall be delivered from Seller to Customer upon Seller’s receipt of payment in full.
B. If the Products are not subject to a state vehicle title law, title and risk of loss or damage will pass to Customer on the first to occur of the following: (i) delivery of the Products to Customer; (ii) delivery of the Products to Customer’s authorized agent; or (iii) delivery of the Products to any common carrier for shipment.
2. Taxes. Product prices are exclusive of, and Customer shall pay, applicable sales, use, service, value added or like taxes, unless Customer has provided Seller with an appropriate exemption certificate for the delivery destination acceptable to the applicable taxing authorities.
3. Prices and Payment. All quotations shall expire thirty (30) days from date of issuance, unless otherwise set forth on the quotation or agreed in writing. Quoted prices include packing and packaging. Customer shall make payment in full prior to or upon delivery by cashier’s check, or ACH transfer, unless Seller approves Customer for credit terms. If Seller approves Customer’s credit application, payment shall be due no later than 30 days from the date of Seller’s invoice. All sums not paid when due shall accrue interest daily at the lesser of a monthly rate of 1.0% or the highest rate permissible by law on the unpaid balance until paid in full. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by Seller, payments shall be made in U.S. Dollars. In the event of any order for several units, each unit(s) will be invoiced when shipped.
4. Orders. All orders are subject to acceptance by Seller, which shall be indicated in writing.
5. Delivery. Seller shall deliver the Products F.O.B. Seller factory and, if the Products are sold to a Customer outside the United States, shall clear the Products for export destined outside the United States. Customer shall pay all freight charges, applicable import duties, and other necessary fees and shall bear the risks of carrying out customs formalities and clearance. Orders are entered as close as possible to the Customer’s requested shipment date, if any. Shipment dates are scheduled after acceptance of orders and receipt of necessary documents. Claims for shipment shortage shall be deemed waived unless presented to Seller in writing within forty-five (45) days of shipment.
6. Non-Conforming Delivery. Customer shall carefully and completely inspect the shipment upon delivery and notify Seller of any damages, visible defects, quantity shortages or incorrect product shipments in writing within five (5) working days of receipt by Customer. Failure to notify Seller within such time period shall be deemed an unqualified waiver of Customer’s right to subsequently raise such objections.
7. Limited Warranty.
IF THE PRODUCTS PURCHASED ARE SOLD PURSUANT TO A WARRANTY POLICY SPECIFIC TO SUCH PRODUCTS, THEN THE POLICY SET FORTH IN SECTIONS 7-8 SHALL NOT BE EFFECTIVE AS TO SUCH PRODUCTS AND THE SPECIFIC WARRANTY POLICY SHALL CONTROL.
Subject to the foregoing paragraph, Seller’s Products are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship and shall conform to Seller’s published specifications or other specifications accepted in writing by Seller for one year from the date Seller ships the Products to Customer (“Delivery Date”).
8. Customer Remedies. Seller’s sole obligation (and Customer’s sole remedy) with respect to the foregoing Limited Warranty shall be to, at its option, return the fees paid or repair/replace any defective Products, provided Seller receives written notice of such defects during the applicable warranty period. Customer may not bring an action to enforce its remedies under the foregoing Limited Warranty more than one (1) year after the accrual of such cause of action.
9. Return/Cancellation/Change Policy. Customer may return unwanted Products within thirty (30) days of the Delivery Date, provided such Products are in new, unused and undamaged condition and are resalable as new products without modification or repackaging. Customer shall pay a twenty percent (20%) restocking charge on any unwanted Products returned to Seller. No returns will be accepted after the thirty (30) day period has expired. Where custom Products or services are involved, Customer shall be responsible for all related work in progress; however, Seller shall take reasonable steps to mitigate damages immediately upon receipt of a written cancellation notice from Customer. A Return-Material Authorization number must be obtained from Seller for return of any Products. Seller may terminate any order if any representations made by Customer to Seller are false or misleading. Changes to orders shall not be binding upon nor be put into effect by Seller unless confirmed in writing by Seller’s appropriate representative.
10. NO OTHER WARRANTIES. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH ABOVE, THE PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED ARE MADE WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, FAILURE OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON- INFRINGEMENT OF THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS OR ANY OTHER WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM USAGE OF TRADE OR COURSE OF DEALING. SELLER DOES NOT WARRANT, GUARANTEE, OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE PRODUCTS IN TERMS OF CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. SELLER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES NOT STATED HEREIN.
11. No Liability for Consequential Damages. The entire liability of Seller and its licensors, distributors, and suppliers (including its and their directors, officers, employees, and agents) is set forth above. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Seller and its licensors, distributors, and suppliers (including its and their directors, officers, employees, and agents) be liable for any damages, including, but not limited to, any special, direct, indirect, incidental, exemplary, or consequential damages, expenses, lost profits, lost savings, business interruption, lost business information, or any other damages arising out of the use or inability to use the Products, even if Seller or its licensors, distributors, and suppliers has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Customer acknowledges that the applicable purchase price or license fee for the Products reflects this allocation of risk. Because some states/jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply. If the foregoing limitation of liability is not enforceable because an Seller product sold or licensed to Customer is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction in a final, non-appealable judgment to be defective and to have directly caused bodily injury, death, or property damage, in no event shall Seller’s liability for property damage exceed the greater of $50,000 or fees paid for the specific product that caused such damage.
12. FORCE MAJEURE. Seller shall be excused for any delay or failure to perform due to any cause beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to civil commotion or riot, natural disaster, lightning, fire, earthquake, storm, flood, drought, severe weather conditions, other acts of God, disease, health epidemic or pandemic, accident, explosion, power surges, industrial action, boycotts, lockouts, strikes or other labor trouble or concerted acts of workmen, delays in transportation or delivery, shortages or inability to secure raw materials, fuel, power, machinery or other equipment necessary for production, currency restriction, embargo, acts of civil or military authority, acts of the public enemy, acts of war, action or inaction by a government (including a change in law), material changes in import or export duties, terrorism or threats of terrorism. Seller’s shipping schedule shall be extended by a period equal to the time lost because of any excusable delay. In the event Seller is unable to perform in whole or in part because of any excusable failure to perform, Seller may cancel orders without liability to Customer.
13. Limited Indemnity Against Infringement. Seller shall, at its own expense, defend any litigation resulting from sales of the Products to the extent that such litigation alleges that the Products or any part thereof infringes any United States patent, copyright, or trademark, provided that such claim does not arise from the use of the Products in combination with equipment or devices not made by Seller or from modification of the Products, and further provided that Customer notifies Seller immediately upon its obtaining notice of such impending claim and cooperates fully with Seller in preparing a defense. If Customer provides to Seller the authority, assistance, and information Seller needs to defend or settle such claim, Seller shall pay any final award of damages in such suit and any expense Customer incurs at Seller’s written request, but Seller shall not be liable for a settlement made without its prior written consent. If the Products are held to be infringing and the use thereof is enjoined, Seller shall, at its option, either (i) procure for the Customer the right to use the Products, (ii) replace the Products with others which do not constitute infringement, or (iii) remove the infringing Products and refund the payment(s) made therefor by Customer. The foregoing states the Customer’s sole remedy for, and Seller’s entire liability and responsibility for, infringement of any patent, trademark, or copyright relating to the Products provided hereunder. THIS LIMITED INDEMNITY IS IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER STATUTORY OR IMPLIED WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT.
14. Acknowledgment/Governing Law. Customer acknowledges reading these Terms and Conditions, under-stands them and agrees to be bound by them. A waiver of any provision of this agreement shall not be construed as a waiver or modification of any other term hereof. With respect to all orders accepted by Seller in the United States, disputes arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions of Sale shall be governed by the laws of the State in which Seller’s factory is located without regard to principles of conflicts of laws. With respect to all orders accepted by Seller outside the United States, disputes arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions of Sale shall be governed by the laws of the country and locality in which Seller accepts the order without regard to principles of conflicts of laws.
15. Intellectual Property Rights. All drawings, data, designs, tooling, equipment, procedures, engineering changes, inventions, trade secrets, copyrights, mask works, source code, object code, patents, patent applications, know-how, computer and/or Product software and all parts thereof, trademarks and all other information , technical or otherwise which was developed, made or supplied by or for Seller in the production of any Product sold hereunder will be and remain the sole property of Seller (or its licensors, if any). Customer agrees not to reverse engineer any Products purchased hereunder.
16. Export Regulations. Customer agrees to comply fully with all laws and regulations concerning the export of Products from the United States.
17. Assignment and Subcontracting. Seller may assign its rights and obligations by giving Customer written notice thereof but without being obligated to obtain Customer’s consent prior thereto. In the event if an assignment, Seller shall be discharged of any liability pursuant to those purchase orders which have been assigned or delegated.
Customer may not assign its rights nor delegate its obligations under any or all of its purchase orders unless Seller’s written consent is obtained prior thereto and any such assignment or delegation without such consent shall be void.
18. Waiver. No waiver will be valid unless in writing, signed by an authorized representative of Seller and no waiver granted will release Customer from subsequent strict compliance herewith.
19. Severability; Headings. Any provision hereunder found to be legally unenforceable shall be deemed deleted and replaced with a legally enforceable provision having the closest possible intent. All other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. Headings and subheadings are for convenience only and shall not be construed to limit the applicability of individual provisions or sub-provisions.